Thursday, May 11, 2017

Re: [Electric Boats] Gonna Try Direct Drive.

 

John, I take it you are in the UK?

I wouldn't mind trying a Lynch motor, but over here the price is about 3x what a Motenergy BLDC motor goes. I already have 3 BLDC controllers, but the only PWM brushed motor controller I have only rates for 1kw so I would also have to buy yet another controller. It is quite attractive, having the built in thrust bearing and a firm axial load rating, I must say. Brushed motors are no longer an issue with me because I no longer have any propane or gasoline aboard except for a propane grill on the pushpit rail. I don't even keep a spare cannister. So no safety issues with brushes, here. I cook on diesel, though I do have a couple of alcohol stoves that I seldom use.

The Lynch motors have 1" shafts? It says there are shaft options but I don't see them.

So let's say I cut one of my 14x10 props down to 12", go with a top sustained RPM of 1000, stick with the 48v bank, what Lynch motor do you think would best suit my needs? I dont even see HP rating on their site. They really have very little info there. I don't know anything about all that newton stuff. I guess they aren't really trying to capture the US market.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (22)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment