Saturday, May 27, 2017

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: PROPELLER REGENERATION WITH HPEVs MOTOR UNDER SAIL? [2 Attachments]

 
[Attachment(s) from 66b6dcd5b59507e7d751ea81382ea1f6 included below]

Berlouin,

Forgive me, I wasn't suggesting you use the Lynch as it was clear you'd chosen HPEV AC20. I was more trying to saying in the various posts that Graeme Hawksley of Hybrid Marine in UK has switched to brushless from the brushed for generation. I'm not sure why you think the Lynch etc can't do 72V, as the Lynch and Saietta go to 110V and 72V respectively per the attached PDFs.

As regards checking your shaft RPM this inexpensive tacho should do the trick. I have one and it works just fine:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HDE-Professional-Digital-Infrared-Tachometer/dp/B00850ZCRI/

With my DC Lynch of course I can measure voltage at the motor and multiply that but the RPM/Volt 'constant,  of course that is a no load constant so the combination of the voltage and tacho reading helps me be confident of the loaded shaft RPM speed.

John R

__._,_.___

Attachment(s) from 66b6dcd5b59507e7d751ea81382ea1f6 | View attachments on the web

2 of 2 File(s)

Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment