Saturday, May 13, 2017

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Lithium - Re-purposed auto battery packs

 

Most excellent info/ story !
Best I every heard.

At 53 MPH, whats the draw in kW ?
What VFD Do you use ?
Any link to it ?

On 13/05/2017 19:30, 63urban 63urban@gmail.com [electricboats] wrote:
>
> Here's what I do know as one that has tried it and to a level that
> most have not. Here are links to two videos. The first is a
> walk-around of a speed boat conversion where I bought a brand new 2016
> Bayliner 175 Bowrider, pulled a brand new 3.0L Mercruiser motor and
> replaced it with HPEVS AC34X2, 147 HP Dual AC Induction motor. It has
> a top speed of 53 MPH. It cruises nicely at 20 MPH. The battery pack
> consists of 10, 54v, 100 amp cont., 150 amp peak, Smart Car modules
> made by Tesla. The chemistry is lithium-ion because of it's power
> density. The modules are wired 5 in parallel and 2 in series. I do NOT
> use a BMS. I simply bottom balance the modules upon the initial install.
>
>
> Here is my secret to managing the packs. First, regarding
> overcharging, I take a simple approach. I do NOT fast charge. I use a
> 110v charger with a max discharge of 12a. Yes, it can take up to a
> full day to charge, but I don't care. The intent was to go out on the
> water for a couple of hours, then charge overnight in the slip. The
> charger has been programed to shut off when pack is fully charged.
> Simple. With respect to over-discharging, simply don't do it. There
> are a number of SOC meters that will tell you exactly where your at
> with current draw. I know exactly where to be. The modules are 100 amp
> continuous rated, I have 5 in parallel, I do not exceed 500 amp
> continual pack draw. I usually draw between 350 and 400. Even after
> long continuous runs, the batteries never get warm to the touch. I ran
> this boat an average of twice a week last year and have experienced
> less than a 2% loss. The Model S modules have a 500 amp continuous
> rating and a 750 amp peak.
>

--
-hanermo (cnc designs)

__._,_.___

Posted by: Hannu Venermo <gcode.fi@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment