Tuesday, May 23, 2017

[Electric Boats] PROPELLER REGENERATION WITH HPEVs MOTOR UNDER SAIL?

 

Has anyone getting propeller regeneration with HPEVs AC motor under sail. Could you please share your experience?

HPEVs had said I will get none or very little regeneration. I don't want to give any bad feeling about this motor AC 20. It works very well and is a good and economic replacement for a 30HP diesel

 

A few points / answers / views / remarks about the different threads on this forum

 

-I used a Ruland customised coupling from 1" prop to 7/8 motor shaft. No problem

-The most important is what you find, not what you will do ( as example, my end bearing was so rusty that after a month of spray and three mechanic tries,  It could not be dismantled. The mechanic had to cut the prop shaft. So a gearhead was a luck to not have to replace the shaft.

-Planetary gear heads are advised (more choice, more reliable, less noisy but more expensive)

-I paid my LIFEPO4 batteries 100a x 48v around 1200 USD  with customized SS boxes/ fixing brackets  three years ago (Made in China)… So far, so good, I had to change the BMS

-The Austria systems are very expensive and for lake use. They did pretend to get 10% of regeneration from a pod…. Impossible. Bellman / Mastervolt did not pretend the regeneration.

-I just bought and returned a 48v DC petrol generator that you can find on Ebay (The yellow one available in 12/24/48v). It is made to extend the range of the electric three-wheel taxis in China. I got it on the web (Taiwan, Powerjack), it was shipped from China. The generator arrived with obvious signs of previous usage, 150mm longer than described, petrol engine not working, electric start not working.  After repair of carb. , it did output 50 amps at 48v….certainly a nice extra for an electric boat. The electric start still did not work. I got my refund from PayPal

-I did change the shaft packing seal to a drip-less seal, they are plenty of different brands and method on the market. I choose the one advised by the boat builder/eng. ( sea water cooled with the stream to make life easy and without maintenance).  My flat bilge is dry…. without engine oil, diesel, smells, headache… a dream


Fred


__._,_.___

Posted by: berlouin@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment