Thursday, May 25, 2017

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: PROPELLER REGENERATION WITH HPEVs MOTOR UNDER SAIL?

 

Many thanks for your replies on this specific point, nice video

The lynch motors are good, but for a 45' boat, 72v is required (stepping out of the 50v DC safety thread hold). Futher, I had been told that regeneration with a Lynch is really not easy, and it needs more complex electronic than a controller

My choice was HPEV AC20

I could easily reach 8 knots with the boat in a 20-25 wind. The antifouling is three years old, I towed my dinghy and I need to replace a stay. So, I get only 6 knots at the speedo. I could get a little regeneration, but nothing.

The shaft spins, I can see it but I can't really count the rpm, it is too fast. I estimate a 4 to 5 rps  = 240-300 rpm. The 5/1 gearhead gives  950-1500rpm motor spin. When switching the system on, it stalls at less than a 60 rpm at the prop shaft. Not enough, I guess. By engaging the throttle slightly, I read a consumption of 1 or 2 amps.

 

When I receive the HPVS motor, there was an error in the phase. I had to connect the U to V and V to U terminals of the controller and motor.

Could it be an explanation to the problem? Any possible incidence for the motor regeneration? Should I play with the W terminal?

Cheers

Fred


On Friday, May 26, 2017, 3:04:01 AM GMT+12, 66b6dcd5b59507e7d751ea81382ea1f6 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Regarding regen, I've always found this video fun and luckily they have a bigger boat with decent speed and therefore regen:
https://youtu.be/5Yo4_mB9u4c

John R

__._,_.___

Posted by: Berlouin Fred <berlouin@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment