Wednesday, May 17, 2017

[Electric Boats] Re: Heinzmann PERM motors

 

John,


There is something very appealing about the Lynch, Saietta, PERM, axial type motors. It must be the simplicity, power/weight ratio that appeals.

I live in a remote area without access to much in the way of tradespeople, equipment or facilities. In these circumstances I feel the only way I can proceed is with a packaged solution from an established vendor.

I am inclined to water cooling, anything electric, cooler is good.

I think I said in an earlier comment, that a motor running at motor design best speed, thru a gearbox, giving a prop speed in the 600-900 RPM range, seems like the ideal. I confess I'm probably fixated on a PMAC solution as I have a perception that that will provide me with the flatest torque/RPM curve. I have a difficult berth & lots of torque at low RPM would help the berthing process.

I watched James Lambden's comments on these sites over the years & read his book. What he's had to say has been rather convincing.

Having said all this, after four years of reading this & other sites, I now know enough to realise how little I know, compared to so many others. I'm open to all suggestions. The generosity of the contributors to this forum is amazing & I'm really grateful to all.

__._,_.___

Posted by: q6wj7u7zzmxbqzbw7jp6bbz5dljfi7n4hc2p47cz@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (12)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment