Thursday, May 18, 2017

[Electric Boats] Re: Heinzmann PERM motors

 

Peter,

Personally for me if I had your boat and in considering costs etc, I'm pretty sure I'd go with a capable water cooled geared motor, minimal Lithiums and an AC enclosed quiet-ish genset, with some solar, which to my mind would end up the most cost effective.

Then I'd use the electric only when bimbling in/out and around the quite places, bird watching etc and run the genny for longer runs. It's surprising on a larger boat just how quiet a genset can be.

Horses for courses everywhere we look. I guess if I were a vendor my first question before specs would be - what is your budget, as without that and knowing your aims, it's difficult to say. It's what those on this list (I'm not) are there for - to ask. I'm just a hobbyist that works 5 hours a week for a company that makes the bits that can compliment the systems sold by companies.

I'm likely like many on this list then - just playing even though sometimes it makes no financial or time sense!

John

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (20)

Check out the automatic photo album with 3 photo(s) from this topic.
Motors_Efiiciency_Comparison.jpg Multi.jpg Tacho and Temperature.png

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment