Sunday, August 28, 2016

Re: [Electric Boats] Poly or Mono crystalline PV panels?

 

The FlexMax 80 was one of the first controllers that google showed me. I had no plans to buy that particular controller, but your opinion of it has got me looking at it with a more critical eye and I got to say it looks pretty good. Okay, so panels in series pairs, ganged in parallel, is the way to go for most of these bigger panels, then? Sounds good to me.

Like you, I am using GC2 FLA batteries. I really like the cost, and the form factor. They are handy to move around and install. I have a single bank, presently, of 8 of them, and I will soon be adding a second bank I hope. Having two banks just makes sense to me... if one bank will get me to point B, then the logical assumption is that the other identical bank is capable of getting me back to point A.

Boat is a 27' displacement monohull, so I don't think I could possibly exceed the power rating of the FM80 controller. I might want a cheapie 40a generic controller as a backup but the FM80 should do the job for me.

Thanks for the link. Those are some seriously good prices. Maybe worth a drive there from New Orleans.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment