Saturday, August 27, 2016

[Electric Boats] Re: Latest Speed/Power Figures

 

I took a look at the spreadsheet. Wow... over 225 hours of runtime for a 50% discharge of my 220ah flooded lead acid bank at 1a! But self discharge would be significant over that length of time, I think. Anybody have some typical self discharge rates for flooded cells they would care to share? Once again, no I do not intend to ever go anywhere at less than a half knot. But even at a more practical 5a and 1.5kt, that is still according to the spreadsheet, almost 28 hours of runtime for a 50% discharge. Maybe the self discharge rate is still a factor to be considered at this speed?

I wanted to do the 100a and above tests again due to apparent discrepancies in the recorded B voltages, but it is a little breezy and choppy today so I will wait for slick calm weather. I really don't want to be zooming around at 5kt or better inside the harbor.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (32)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment