Sunday, August 28, 2016

Re: [Electric Boats] Poly or Mono crystalline PV panels?

 

My pricing in canada is quite different but you might consider waiting till you have enough money for your whole array. The pallet pricing that I have seen here and there is significantly cheaper than buying twos and threes or even fours.  It also seems like sometime in the next twelve to 24 months we will be looking at a cyclical glut in production which could make for some sweet deals before plants start shutting down again and prices go back up.

Nick



Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.


-------- Original message --------
From: king_of_neworleans <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 2016-08-28 4:46 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Electric Boats] Poly or Mono crystalline PV panels?

 

I am in the initial preplanning stages of putting up a solar array. Just looking around, found this...

Hyundai HiS-M255RG 260w Poly Black Frame

 


I want to end up with about 2kw of solar power, but will start small since funds are small. Bank is 220ah 48v flooded cell. Haven't bought controller yet but a couple I am considering should charge a 48v bank okay, with PV input voltage range that should allow me to initially install a pair of these in series, for 520w rated power. That would be a significant step toward my eventual goal, and in the event of a major and lasting power outage, would at least keep me in lights and stuff. I could even move my boat with that much charging power, if I keep it low and slow. I don't mean to say that I am specifically considering buying these particular panels, just using them for an example, so feel free to pick at them and criticize and tell me why they suck, if they do. I do want to go cheap, but I decided a long time ago that I was not going to make my own panels out of individual salvaged PV cells.


The specs give an open circuit voltage of 37.7v. Would two of these in series probably work with most MPPT controllers charging a 48v bank? Would one do the job, or do MPPT controllers work best when stepping a voltage down rather than up?



__._,_.___

Posted by: 63urban <63urban@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment