Tuesday, August 23, 2016

[Electric Boats] Re: Latest Speed/Power Figures

 

Cal,


At the risk of being impolite, it just seems to me that 2.88 kW @ 4 knots measured at the battery and using nominal voltage seems to be at least twice the power that I'd expect to drive a boat of your size, so all I was trying to do was to gain some insight into why that seems to be the case.

Like I say, forget it if you thought at this stage of my own experiments that I can't multiply two numbers. Sure what you use out of the battery is interesting even if I think using nominal voltage shows only part of the picture. My point is that it doesn't actually tell me what is going on at the shaft. If that were the case there would be insight into why your power consumption seems so high. Maybe I've missed something...

John R.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment