Thursday, August 25, 2016

[Electric Boats] Re: Latest Speed/Power Figures

 

I may have mismatched my ammeter and shunt. I did an endurance test today, tied to the dock, ran at 10a for 10 hours. Should have discharged my 220ah batteries to about 55%, or a bit less due to Peukert. I am still showing about 63% charge. (calculated from resting voltage) With the system running at 10a I disconnected the ammeter and measured the voltage across the unmarked shunt... 6.5mv. Seems like it should have been closer to 5mv. The meter specifies a 50mv 100a shunt. So I think my recent current readings may be all erroneous. I have the batts on charge again, and in the morning I will look for a shunt clearly marked with the required rating, and swap it out. I think I might have a 75mv shunt installed because most cheap panel mount digital ammeters use a 75mv shunt and I have had a couple of them. So I will try to get to the bottom of all that, and regardless I will do another speed/current test. If nothing else, I will run it up to 100a, disconnect the meter and then measure the voltage drop of the shunt, and have a correction to apply. Meanwhile just for chuckles I ordered a 50mv 100a shunt from All Electronics but it will take a few days to get here. Their shipping is outrageous they should use USPS for small stuff instead of UPS.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (12)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment