Friday, April 2, 2010

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Hybrid power

 

Thanks Jean guy.
I kept plugging away at different Nanni sites , and found more info , but still a straight comparison to the Perkins is difficult.
I've filled out a form for more information on the hybrid , which I believe will go to the Australian agent.
As a matter of interest , I had a lot of dealings with the Australian agent about 12 months ago , he may well remember me.
It would appear though , that you are well ahead of him in the hybrid stakes , I'm sure he would appreciate some of your experience.
One thing I noticed in my earlier dealings , that hasn't improved now , is the amount of "misinformation" that is in the site , in that information relevant to one engine is found in another .
Jean Guy , I'd like info , if possible , on how the N4 115 HYBRID performs , that is , as an electric motor only , as a diesel , and as a diesel , supported by the electric motor , as I believe can be done.
Thanks again , for your help.
Regards Rob J.


From: Jean guy Leblanc <jeanguy.leblanc@yahoo.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Fri, 2 April, 2010 12:53:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Hybrid power [5 Attachments]

[Attachment(s) from Jean guy Leblanc included below]

Hi Rob
 
Please found the press release about our hybrid system, they do perform well in France, i will meet the Australian importer in early june 2010 in France, our N4.115 HP still a very nice engine, i do have a few sold in Canada, sometime bigger HP is more weight and the engine push his weight, i will try to send you some specs sheets.
 
Regards
 
 
jean-guy leblanc


From: Rob <dopeydriver@yahoo.com.au>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thu, April 1, 2010 8:02:01 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Hybrid power

 

Well , I have found a bit about the Nanni hybrid , but not on the Australian Nanni site , it appears its not available here.
I've been trying to make a comparison of the Kubota turbo based N4.115 hybrid , and a 120 hp Perkins 6-354 .
Trying to compare the hp/revs/torque engine figures is hard , because the torque figures in particular are. hard to find , and are measured by different standards.
My belief so far , is that the engines are pretty well matched , but the smaller turboed kubota is more fuel efficent , and a lot lighter.
As a hybrid , that weight advantage would be negated by the weight of the batteries , but there would then be the advantages of the hybrid system , smooth quiet power at the lower end of the range , and an "assist" when all out power is required.
But that all pretty academic , when the hybrid is not available in this country.
And the cost of the conversion would be staggering , maybe its best to wait till it is forced upon me , by engine failure , by which time there may be a bigger , better range of hybrids available.
Regards Rob J.

--- In electricboats@ yahoogroups. com, "Rob" <dopeydriver@ ...> wrote:
>
> Doing some searching on the internet for marine hybrid setups , I found a lot about the Steyr.
> I found next to nothing about the Nanni , but I did find that VW have gone in to the marine diesel hybrid engines , the top of the line being a 4.2 litre v8 monster .
> It seems it is a growing field , but more for the sports boat types.
> I'm hoping to find a lower revving type , for sustained running .
> Regards Rob J.
>



Attachment(s) from Jean guy Leblanc

1 of 1 Photo(s)


 

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment