Friday, April 30, 2010

[Electric Boats] Re: Controller for 300w and microprocessor

 

Outstanding. I assumed that proprietary meant undocumented but I'll start that hunt asap. Excellent.

Yes, the 0-5v DAC would be the way to go.

Thank you again for the tip.

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Geier <matthew@...> wrote:
>
> williamdickenson55 wrote:
> > Many of the AXE controllers support a serial interface which I suspect could give me a lot of useful information about the motor, the consumption at the head, losses etc. Even the temp of the controller itself might be worth looking at. But sadly, the AXE controllers use a proprietary format to talk to the Windows based PC.
>
> The data acquisition protocol has been documented and is 'out there'.
> Alltrax apparently released it to stop people from tinkering and
> accidentally changing NVRAM settings. I've got a few files describing
> the protocol sitting on my PC and I've tried it out, sending 'commands'
> to my AXE and getting the appropriate data back.
> It was the electric bike people who pushed Alltrax into releasing the
> information.
>
>
> I have a long term aim to program up a micro with an oled display to
> show the controller parameters on the fly.
>
> > And I am certainly too lazy to reverse engineer that. And it looks like I can read it from the PC, but not control it.
> >
>
> You probably can control it over the serial port, but that certainly
> isn't documented. However the AXE support 0-5v throttle and you could
> easily generate that with an D-A attached to the micro. Many have one
> (or more ) built in.
>
> I expect many other controllers also have a 0-5v throttle option. (And
> probably for this very reason, to allow throttle control from another
> electronic system(
>

__._,_.___
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Welcome to Mom Connection! Share stories, news and more with moms like you.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment