Thursday, April 29, 2010

[Electric Boats] Re: Salt water corrosive effects on Mars motor ?

 

I have the brushless and am at about 2.5 years (Hans and I are neighbors). I recently sprayed the _inside_ of the motor with conformal compound (I don't think you can do this with a brushed..) - I am seeing some pitting on the casing, and I had one controller failure that I attribute to corrosion induced by a poor dielectric and insufficient torque on one of the motor wires.

-Keith

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "alex" <alex04032@...> wrote:
>
> Can anyone share experience with the Mars brushed or brushless motor, and how it has lasted.... or not ... when installed in an ocean salt water rig ?
>

__._,_.___
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Welcome to Mom Connection! Share stories, news and more with moms like you.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment