Wednesday, April 21, 2010

[Electric Boats] Hi Everyone !

 

I just joined the group. I have a 20' deck boat and a family of 6. I love my boat dearly but the fuel cost are crazy. We went out a week ago and we spent allmost 100 dollars in gas just driving a few hours. We dont have lots of money but we live near a beautiful lake with a thousand miles of shoreline and hundreds of islands and we want to spend as much of the summer there as possible fishing, swimming and camping. I make tie dyes and we have covered the boat with tie dyes and I am working on a tie dyed turtle for the bimini top. Were gonna have the most beautiful boat on the lake but I also want to make it the greenest and cheapest to operate as well. Hopefully I can find lots of help here.
I have notices that most boats here are long and skinny but ours is 9 feet wide. It currently has a Mercruiser 305 chevy. I want to replace that with an electric motor and about a dozen batteries and possibly a portable solar generator to charge them.
Is this feasible?

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Welcome to Mom Connection! Share stories, news and more with moms like you.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment