Saturday, April 10, 2010

[Electric Boats] Re: Pure or mostly solar powered boat?

 

Rob,

I absolutely agree. You have brought up the difference between power (thrust) and energy (range). Like I have stated before, if one needs to motor longer than 1 gallon of fuel could take them, then pure electric is probably not a very good answer. It is all in how you use the boat. Every choice has tradeoffs, each one of us has to decide what is most important.

But the original question was about what size motor could replace a given size engine, nothing more.

Fair winds,
Eric

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Rob Johnson <dopeydriver@...> wrote:
>
> Eric , I believe also we need to remain well aware of not only the power that can be developed , but also how long that power can be sustained.
> We all have different requirements , and I think I stated my case recently , in that I would like the best of both worlds , a hybrid...
> Regards Rob J.
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Do More for Dogs Group. Connect with other dog owners who do more.


Welcome to Mom Connection! Share stories, news and more with moms like you.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment