Friday, October 9, 2009

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Mars Electric PMSM question

 

Rick,
 
As I read your post and how you were capturing some of the power with a second motor I noticed the simularities in our systems.   I have 2 48volt banks, I charge the one not being used when I motor and was surprised at the energy being put back into the other bank.  I don't have all the gauges and electronics to tell you exactly how much but it was worth the effort to make the system.   The difference between yours and mine is that I use a 48 volt alternator from a wind generator and gear up to give it the RPM's needed, works pretty good from the prelim's.   Post some pictures of your system when you have time, I'll have to check my albums and see if I have posted some of mine, can't remember??   chuckle.
Dave K

--- On Wed, 10/7/09, Rick Campos <rick_1211@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Rick Campos <rick_1211@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Mars Electric PMSM question
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, October 7, 2009, 5:43 PM

--- On Wed, 10/7/09, carlsvacationpage <carlatho@pacbell.net> wrote:

From: carlsvacationpage <carlatho@pacbell.net>
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Mars Electric PMSM question
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, October 7, 2009, 1:59 PM

  I used a thrust bearing, two in fact, and a simple 2:1 reduction.
Although I did like the gearbox setup, I just thought a pulley system is easily handled in a situation.
The shaft of the mars pm motor is coupled to a clutch system for a future expanse of the charging system. I intend to use another similar motor as a generator when the drive is engaged and / or in regen mode. As you may know, these motors have no torque or hysterisis nessesary and all you have to do is be able to send the 'voltage' somewhere.....hence, my dual battery 48v system!
I had put a system like this running in my garage (under no load) and you would be surprised at how I recaptured lost energy. The system obviously can't 'run' on itself but you CAN (unlike other pundits of energy) recapture more than half spent.
I also intend to add another smaller 24v motor and feed the house bank.
 
I do have pics and will post when I find the time.
Thanks Rick

     

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment