Sunday, October 18, 2009

Re: [Electric Boats] Xantrex XBM Display parts?

 

Matthew:
 
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Your info gives me hope that I may actually be able to get a replacement screen. This XBM cost me $350 when I bought it new in 2008. I really really don't want to just toss it out. Especially since the unit works and I only need a new LCD screen. This was the best news I've had on this device in a long time.
 
Mike
http://biankablog.blogspot.com
 

--- On Sun, 10/18/09, Matthew Geier <matthew@acfr.usyd.edu.au> wrote:

From: Matthew Geier <matthew@acfr.usyd.edu.au>
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Xantrex XBM Display parts?
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, October 18, 2009, 10:38 PM

 

Mike wrote:
> Does anyone know where I might be able to get parts for a Xantrex XBM battery monitor. Specifically I need a new LCD display. Xantrex tech support says they will not sell me the parts and no longer supports the XBM unit.
>
They appear to be an OEM version of a product made by TBS in the
Netherlands.
(http://www.tbs- electronics. nl/products_ expert501_ features. htm)
You might have better luck with them. While they won't sell anything to
you (they told me to go to the local dealer), since they appear to the
actual engineering brains behind the Xantrax units, you just might get a
little further with them, if you a really lucky they might tell you who
they got the LCD screen from and it's part number, so you can source the
screen direct.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Odd News

You won't believe

it, but it's true

Sell Online

Start selling with

our award-winning

e-commerce tools.

Check out the

Y! Groups blog

Stay up to speed

on all things Groups!

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment