Saturday, October 31, 2009

[Electric Boats] Re: Converting My Pearson 300

 

The SolidNav unit that I have on my boat uses the existing cables for throttle and forward/reverse. I like this system, the switches are not exposed to the elements (they are down below on the motor frame). It's also nice having separate controls, I often set the throttle at whatever speed I want then switch between forward and neutral to "coast". When I want power I shift into forward and the speed (amp draw) is already set, not a big deal but it works for me. An advantage to having a cable throttle is that it makes setting up an automatic shaft brake fairly easy. I've never had a problem with the cables.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Fashion News

What's the word on

fashion and style?

Sitebuilder

Build a web site

quickly & easily

with Sitebuilder.

Yahoo! Groups

Auto Enthusiast Zone

Auto Enthusiast Zone

Discover auto groups

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment