Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Re: [Electric Boats] 48VDC-120VAC inverter

 

Thanks for the responses guys!
Kevin/Dave: I was planning to use stand-alone charger, but will look
into the charging characteristics of the Tripp inverter.
Dennis: Yes, 1.5KW is a lot of power. No need to run this much power
continuously, I was thinking of the start-up current on inductive loads,
wanted to have plenty of headroom to run the shop vac and portable power
tools. In any case, the duty cycle would be short.
The house 12V loads would be supplied by Delta-Q's new 1KW charger with
integral 48VDC converter. Not enough to invert for powering my AC loads.
Mike: I'll look into this product also.

Thanks again to you all! This forum is a great resource.
Tom

Mike wrote:
>
>
> Tom:
>
> Thanks to Matt Geier who gave me a link to a company called TBS and
> who have been most responsive to my "Xantrex" battery monitor display
> issue. While looking at their site I noticed that they might have what
> you are looking for. You can see their product line here:
> http://www.tbs-electronics.nl/products.htm
> <http://www.tbs-electronics.nl/products.htm>
>
> Mike
> http://biankablog.blogspot.com <http://biankablog.blogspot.com>
>
> --- On Tue, 10/20/09, Tom <boat_works@yahoo.com
> <mailto:boat_works%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
>
> From: Tom <boat_works@yahoo.com <mailto:boat_works%40yahoo.com>>
> Subject: [Electric Boats] 48VDC-120VAC inverter
> To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com <mailto:electricboats%40yahoogroups.com>
> Date: Tuesday, October 20, 2009, 6:50 AM
>
>
>
> I've been building a 21' x 7'x 21" electric launch on and off for the
> past year, and am finally getting to the point where I need to sort
> out the electrical system.
>
> I will be running a 48V system, and am considering having AC power
> available on board for small loads. No need for more than 1.5 KW
> output or true sine wave output.
>
> Has anybody seen a 48V input inverter that would suit my needs? Yhe
> ones I've seen available are intended for much larger applications
> than mine, and cost far more than a 2KW Honda generator. I would like
> to avoid a generator, but maybe there is no alternative.
>
> Thanks for your suggestions,
> Tom
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment