Friday, October 23, 2009

[Electric Boats] Re: Electric auxiliary motor in a sailing boat.

 

Hi Victor & Matti,
I don't know if you've seen this webite;
http://www.electricocean.fi/2006/fi/tuotteet/

Much of it is in Finish but it seems to be someone who has put together a solid conversion.....

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "MattiB" <matikanpoika@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> Hei Victor
>
> I am also considering repowering my little "smiling 28" sailboat to electric. However, here in Norway there seems to be no company offering anything in that direction. The only thing you can order directly from a provider in Norway is an electric outboard from Torqeedo via Watski.no. Costs around 25000-30000 crowns depending on the version. Then there is a company in Sweden building electric inboard systems. Their name is Ozecomarine as (www.ozecomarine.se). They do have a long list of references of people having installed their system around Northern Europe. The system is a little special, though. It allows only 3 defined speeds forward and two back, and it is a direct drive 24V system with the engine directly coupled to the shaft. In addition it allows for regeneration under sail (see homepage). I considered that system but for the time being I just don't have the money. Their price quote for my boat including everything (also drive shaft and propeller) was around 50000 SEK without tax. I sort of like this solution since there is no fancy electronics which can break down and it is based on a brushed motor which you can just connect directly to the battery if necessary.
> Then there is a company called asmo marine in danmark (www.asmomarine.com). They also provide electric inboard solutions (and you can probably ask Mike, the owner of Bianka here in the forum about his experience with the system, he seems quite happy with it). Then there were two companies in Finland providing electric inboards, however, I am not sure if they are still in this business or if they now concentrate on other stuff. And of course as mentioned Bellmann in the netherlands, Kräutler and Aquamot in Austria. By the way, I am living in Tromsø and chances to test an electric engine up here are probably around 0, though I hope for finding the time and money to change this.
>
> Mvh.
>
> Matti
>
>
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "vicwin2009@" <sailor@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all.
> > I am new to this group. I have been sailing for a long time. First in boat without an engine, later in boats with a small autboard. Now I have bought an IW 31. an 31' Sparkman & Stephen design from 1971.
> > This boat have a Volvo Penta 9hp diesel motor from 1986. I believe it is in fairly good condition, but still it need a lot of hands on. I put the boat on the dry some days ago, and when I should prepare it for the winter, it delivered a strong application for retirement. I have , for a long time, been thinking of electric drive. It fit with my type of sailing. And now I have desided that the time has come to try it. I have to do my homework, and read trough the postings. After that, I may have some questions to ask.
> >
> > Regards
> > Victor
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment