Thursday, October 22, 2009

Re: [Electric Boats] Electric auxiliary motor in a sailing boat.

 

I have  had a very  good experience  dealing with  Scott at electricyacht.com

Skip

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 8:15 AM, vicwin2009@ymail.com <sailor@winterthun.net> wrote:
 

Hi all.
I am new to this group. I have been sailing for a long time. First in boat without an engine, later in boats with a small autboard. Now I have bought an IW 31. an 31' Sparkman & Stephen design from 1971.
This boat have a Volvo Penta 9hp diesel motor from 1986. I believe it is in fairly good condition, but still it need a lot of hands on. I put the boat on the dry some days ago, and when I should prepare it for the winter, it delivered a strong application for retirement. I have , for a long time, been thinking of electric drive. It fit with my type of sailing. And now I have desided that the time has come to try it. I have to do my homework, and read trough the postings. After that, I may have some questions to ask.

Regards
Victor


__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment