Monday, October 12, 2009

Re: [Electric Boats] Need Help: 26'sailboat Mars PMAC replacing Atomic 4

 

Hey Jim,

I removed my Atomic 4 last year. I have a 27ft Cheoy Lee and am on Lake Erie. You're welcome to take a peek at my setup.

Frank

________________________________
From: JamesM <jg_martis@yahoo.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sat, October 10, 2009 5:34:29 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Need Help: 26'sailboat Mars PMAC replacing Atomic 4

I am considering repowering (Atomic 4) my 26' 6000lbs sailboat with a Mars PMAC. I will be using the boat for costal cruising on Lake Erie, the need for power would be getting in and out of the docks. I am thinking a Mars PMAC with 250A Sevcon programable regen controller, 2 banks of 3 batteries running at 36 volts. using a direct drive and the 50volt/rpn constant that would max out at 1800 RPM.

Even though I have a good understanding of electrics and a basic understanding of electronics, I have an above average mechanical ability as I have repaired everything from cars to hospital ventilators.

Questions:
Will a 36 volt system work?
Do I need a gear reduction?
What are the advantages of timing belt over chain?
Does anybody make a motor mount that costs less than $4000?
What am I missing?

Thanks for your help
jim

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment