Friday, May 12, 2017

Re: [Electric Boats] Gonna Try Direct Drive.

 

Parallel batteries? Naah. Not for me. Plus I already have charger, inverter, dcdc converters, etc all for the 48v bank. I have been using this 48v system for 3 years now. I think the controller I have in place now will run at 24v but I'm not going there. Anyway the direct drive experiment is over for now. I have to put things back to right, then fix some leaks and fix the bilge pumping system so it can run unattended for a few months while I go back to work. Maybe after my next job I will look at some other options for thrust bearings and try this again. I am quite encouraged by the preliminary testing. Best result was 141 watts for 200rpm. That is with the shaft not properly aligned, too. But for now I am sticking the 2:1 gearbox back inline.


---In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote :

King,

Just a thought, as you say you are going to use 48V, but why not parallel and go with 24V supply to controller if it'll accept it. That way you'll increase range due to less Peukert effect by increased Ah, providing the supply voltage gives you sufficient shaft rpm for your needs.

John R

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (27)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment