Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Re: [Electric Boats] Lower end on an Outboard Conversion

 



Just looked a little farther, here is the link for the ED plans: http://www.boatdesigns.com/Electric-Drive-electric-drive-system/products/474/
 
Dan
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 10:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Lower end on an Outboard Conversion

 

I'm very interest in knowing an answer to this question as well. Also has anyone ever used a lower unit through the hull as a POD propulsion unit. I'm considering how I might do this and what kind of modifications might be required to a lower unit. And then I would use electric motors to drive the units from within the hull.

Sal Fonseca
contact me directly if someone has info that can help me too! thanks!

Sorry if I put my two cents in (my question) within another question, first time I have ever commented on this group.


On Wednesday, September 24, 2014 7:58 PM, "John Acord jcacord@gmail.com [electricboats]" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
I am just starting my outboard conversion and, while things are apart, have a question about forward/reverse. 

Is it OK to fix the lower end in one direction, forward for example, and reverse the motor for direction change?

My preference is to fix the lower end in forward and reverse with the motor direction.  But I am not sure how well the lower end will hold up with that operation.

John

--
Flatwater Electronics
www.flatwaterfarm.com
"Neurosurgery for computer looms."


No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4765 / Virus Database: 4025/8268 - Release Date: 09/24/14

Respectfully,
Dan Hennis
;-)>

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Dan Hennis" <dhennis@centurytel.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment