Sunday, September 28, 2014

Re: [Electric Boats] Lower end on an Outboard Conversion -- mark F

 

Exactly, Mark that is the way to do them.  I did mine that way too, because the water pump is in the power head.  That motor gets hot without a water cooling added on from the ( thanks to Johnson for that one ) factory, for a few bucks more, of course.  I will be back in the water ASAP, I want to test the amp difference between the old control board , and the new one – if any.   I changed for sound reduction, if any, as mine is a  5 KV model, but the factory wants to have my data, just in case some are different.  
 
I think the sound has decreased since installation, or I got used to it.   The older ones probably like Myles has, may not have as much noise, simply because the whole install is different, motor size, mounting, wiring, and transom material ( mine is on an aluminum bracket ) or other factor we may never know.
 
later, ----------  Cal
 
 
 
 
 
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2014 10:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Lower end on an Outboard Conversion
 
 

 
I have  my outboard fixed in forward and switch motor direction via relays.
I took the leg apart and removed the impellor on the water pump.
If the impellor is still on the leg I think you would have issues.
It causes alot of drag and would not like to go backwards.

I also run at fairly low amps, so i have my controller mounted in the back of the boat(dry area), so i don't have cooling issues in the confined area under the motor cover.

sorry about previous reply with small fonts

mark
 

From: "John Acord jcacord@gmail.com [electricboats]" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 7:58 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Lower end on an Outboard Conversion
 
 
I am just starting my outboard conversion and, while things are apart, have a question about forward/reverse. 

Is it OK to fix the lower end in one direction, forward for example, and reverse the motor for direction change?

My preference is to fix the lower end in forward and reverse with the motor direction.  But I am not sure how well the lower end will hold up with that operation.
 
John

--
Flatwater Electronics
www.flatwaterfarm.com
"Neurosurgery for computer looms."


__._,_.___

Posted by: "cal" <h20dragon@centurytel.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (17)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment