Thursday, September 25, 2014

[Electric Boats] Lower end on an Outboard Conversion

 

The answer is... you could but why fix in any gear??

 If you keep the goods working, if the gear fails a simple slip into the other gear gets you home.

Second question
On Wednesday, September 24, 2014, Salome Fonseca salomefonseca@yahoo.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>  
>
> I'm very interest in knowing an answer to this question as well. Also has anyone ever used a lower unit through the hull as a POD propulsion unit. I'm considering how I might do this and what kind of modifications might be required to a lower unit. And then I would use electric motors to drive the units from within the hull.
> Sal Fonseca
> salfonseca63@gmail.com
> contact me directly if someone has info that can help me too! thanks!
> Sorry if I put my two cents in (my question) within another question, first time I have ever commented on this group.
>
> On Wednesday, September 24, 2014 7:58 PM, "John Acord jcacord@gmail.com [electricboats]" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
>
>  
> I am just starting my outboard conversion and, while things are apart, have a question about forward/reverse. 
>
> Is it OK to fix the lower end in one direction, forward for example, and reverse the motor for direction change?
>
> My preference is to fix the lower end in forward and reverse with the motor direction.  But I am not sure how well the lower end will hold up with that operation.
>
> John
>
> --
> Flatwater Electronics
> www.flatwaterfarm.com
> "Neurosurgery for computer looms."
>
>
>

__._,_.___

Posted by: Kevin Pemberton <pembertonkevin@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment