Friday, October 2, 2009

[Electric Boats] Re: New member - 37' sailboat

 


Hello JB,

I recently repowered my Alberg 30 with a system from Electric Yacht(www.electricyacht.com). They provide a great plug and play motor, controller, battery monitoring system, along with coupling to the existing shaft.

There are multiple alternatives for regeneration, not limited to wind or solar.For example, the unit from Electric yacht will regenerate under sail, simply by allowing the prop to turn. The motor becomes a generator. This is ideal for offshore and longer passages.

If you want I'll send you the contact information of the guy I was dealing with there.

best regards, brad

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "jarrodjbailey" <jarrodjbailey@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> What a great group!
>
> My partner and I are re-building an old 37' sailboat to go cruising offshore and I am very interested in learning how to make an axillary electric engine for her.
>
> Glad to be here and welcome any feedback or information on where to get started.
>
> Best,
> JB
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment