Saturday, October 10, 2009

[Electric Boats] Need Help: 26'sailboat Mars PMAC replacing Atomic 4

 

I am considering repowering (Atomic 4) my 26' 6000lbs sailboat with a Mars PMAC. I will be using the boat for costal cruising on Lake Erie, the need for power would be getting in and out of the docks. I am thinking a Mars PMAC with 250A Sevcon programable regen controller, 2 banks of 3 batteries running at 36 volts. using a direct drive and the 50volt/rpn constant that would max out at 1800 RPM.

Even though I have a good understanding of electrics and a basic understanding of electronics, I have an above average mechanical ability as I have repaired everything from cars to hospital ventilators.

Questions:
Will a 36 volt system work?
Do I need a gear reduction?
What are the advantages of timing belt over chain?
Does anybody make a motor mount that costs less than $4000?
What am I missing?

Thanks for your help
jim

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Odd News

You won't believe

it, but it's true

Yahoo! Groups

Dog Lovers Group

Connect and share with

dog owners like you

Yahoo! Groups

Mom Power

Discover doing more

for your family

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment