Monday, September 3, 2012

[Electric Boats] Re:

 

Thanks for the great info JB! .
I found a lot of great info in reading your blog , 
and I in turn have just contacted the Valance battery folks,
even though they seemingly are in bankruptcy
for some ideas on refitting my Bristol channel cutter to 48 v,
as I plan to put a E.Y. motor in there one of these days hopefully myself.

I have just gotten a great deal on a 48vdc wind turbine from a customer whom  I build CNC machine parts for.
I hope to mount that over the winter and integrate the electric system , 
so soon might be a good time to look for a 48v battery system, Valence looks good!

I had actually been thinking more of using 8 units , of 6vdc as the 6 v batteries are a lot stronger than the 12 v cousins?
they are also amazingly expensive , and x 8 , wheeu !!!
oh, well , such are the thrills of old yacht re-fitting , eh ?
Don B. 

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment