Saturday, September 29, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Engine Mounts

 

Matt 


do you know anyone in Pompano Beach Area that could install our System ?
BTW - a bit of a snag on commercial hybrids ie ; Lobster Boats for one,  USCG docs/regs 
every boat needs USCG approval, we need our hybrid approved, Im working with Scott on this.
We need to register an MIC with USCG - Manufacturer Identification Code. 


-----Original Message-----
From: mwk1946 <mwk4619@gmail.com>
To: electricboats <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sat, Sep 29, 2012 5:49 am
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Engine Mounts

 
B,

I setup the distribution for IsoFlex Technologies here in the Americas.

Contact Jeff Strong at Tides Marine.
They will set you up.

Also, you can contact Cam Ewart, the President at cam.ewart@isoflex.com.au

Best, Matt

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, semicolonsutra <no_reply@...> wrote:
>
> I'm mounting my ME0913 to my wooden sailboat and am using the Thunderstruck gear reduction harness (see link below). I have been advised that using flexible motor mounts is a good idea to reduce the load transmission to the hull--she's an older woodie. Anyway I'm looking at vetus and merequipment among others and all the mounts seem to suggest a minimum weight of say 50 pounds--I assume this is per mount. Since I'm going to use 4 mounts and the ME0913 is about 50 pounds total with all accoutrement that would be only about 12.5 pounds per mount. What should I do? Does anyone have suggestions on motor mounts to buy? Also does anyone know a good chandlery in the SF Bay Area where I might get these (I tried Svendson's and a few others but no one has any in stock). The last question: do I even need them or can I just bolt them to a piece of 1" marine ply bolted to the stringers?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bradley
>
> links:
> http://www.thunderstruck-ev.com/ts-gear-reduction.html
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment