Thursday, September 20, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] Intro & which canoe motor?

 

Hi,

The new motor is 24 volts, so more powerful.
I did not ask if that ment more torque or faster rpm.
The cost is about the same, under $1,000.
Best,   Welton

On Sep 19, 2012, at 6:30 AM, Roger L wrote:

 

Hey! Thanks for the tip. The Electric Paddle certainly goes near the top of my increasingly short list of interesting electric canoe motors. The length and twist of their propeller reminds me of the prop my buddy developed for racing people-powered water bikes. And that makes sense, too.

I meant to get to the Wooden Boat Show but didn't this year.
What will their new motor do differently from the old?
Thanks again, Roger L.

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Welton Rotz <welton@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Check out Electric Paddle http://www.electricpaddle.com/
> I saw it at the Pt.Townsend wooden boat show.
> They are coming out with a more powerful motor next Spring.
> I saw the new motor working and it looked very good!
> Welton
>
> On Sep 15, 2012, at 10:56 AM, Roger L wrote:
>
> >
> > Hello, I would like to introduce myself to the group. Name is Roger L. and I'm a northern inland sailor and tinkerer during the summer, and have been spending winters truck camping and canoeing the lazy rivers in the southern US.


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment