Friday, September 21, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] Planning electric inboard install

 

Thanks for the tip, sent them an email.

-Adam

On Sep 21, 2012 1:38 PM, "Joe Lawton" <waco77000@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

Adam
Check out www.advancedmarineelectricpropulsion.com .  The have a great and simple setup.  Well worth a look!

Keep on Sparkin'

Joe L
 


--- On Mon, 9/17/12, Adam Patterson <adamcpatterson@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I just joined this group to get some more knowledge before attempting an electric inboard conversion on my 1976 Catalina 27.

Our old atomic 4 needs more work then I want to do to it and we've never been happy about having a gas powered inboard anyway.

I've been thinking about this kit:  http://www.thunderstruck-ev.com/sevcon-brushless-sailboat-kit-8.5kw.html

I would prefer 4x 24v agm batteries and 2 more flooded 12v to expand my house bank and use as a backup.

Does this kit seem like a good group of parts, or should I consider others? I have access to a welder for making an engine mount and I work in the marine trade, so I'm confident that I can do the work myself (in fact I'd prefer to).

Any input here would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance for your replies.

-Adam

S/V Moya
Catalina 27, hull #2613
Portland, ME

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment