Thursday, September 20, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] Honda 2000i generator note.

 

Good to know; can the 'original equipment' ones be replaced with stainless steel screws (NOT made in China).

John Robert




On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 12:15 PM, Mike <biankablog@verizon.net> wrote:
 

 My Honda 2000i generator has performed very reliably for the past five years. So much so that I just had to scrub a two week plus cruise because I could not take the covers off to change out a broken pull cord because corrosion had seized some of the case screws:
THE BIANKA LOG BLOG: RELIABILITY: So much for that!
If you are using a Honda 2000 (or any other type of generator) best to coat the case screws with some type of corrosion inhibitor BEFORE you ever need to remove them. I spent two days trying to remove them.  I'm now waiting for replacement screws to arrive before continuing. 

Capt. Mike


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment