Monday, September 24, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] eDrive fully mocked up before final install - 3.8kw, 48v Lithium system.

 

"12 40ah" batteries? What voltage are they?  Normally you would need 16 cell to make a 48 volt pack.  So just extra curious what you are using. 

On Sep 24, 2012, at 6:20 PM, "JBWrites - San Diego Freelance Writer" <jbwrites2@yahoo.com> wrote:

 

Had a productive weekend on Sine Metu, my 1963 Columbia 24 sailboat. I finally removed the 49 year old chunk of rust formally thought of as a shaft coupling!

I used a Dremel tool to carefully cut through it, so don't let that tool's demure size fool you, it cut through that metal pretty damn fast (once I charged the battery, of course). Afterwards, I removed the stuffing box, cleaned it out, repacked it and cleaned out the bilge.

I also dry-fitted the entire electric drive system to make sure the boat is in trim. All 12, 40 AH Lithium batteries, the BMS, a Sevcom 48v to 12v converter, and the 3.8kw electric drive kit from Electric Yachts of Southern. California.

You can see pictures and read about at SailingSineMetu.com or http://wp.me/p1WFIM-3z

Ciao!

JB
John D. Butler
Freelance Writer
Twitter @GaslampWriter,
SailingSineMetu.com

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment