Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Re: [Electric Boats] Xantrex XBM Battery monitor failure

 

Carry a clamp-on current meter, for goodness sake.
A 10ga wire has about .001 Ohms per foot, so if you have digital voltmeter you can get an approximate reading. 1 millivolt drop over 1 foot = 1 amp.

Be Well,
Arby

On Aug 4, 2009, at 1:06 PM, Mike <biankablog@verizon.net> wrote:

I did a quick 18 nm mini cruise last week. I got started later than I planned (as usual <g>) and because lot the lack of wind I motored the first part of the trip. I was moving along at 5.5 knots SOG helped by a little current push. I could not tell how much because my knot meter had fouled. But, the real disappointment was that the Xantrex XBM battery monitor seems to have gone south so I could not tell how many amps I was drawing off the battery bank. It seems the display is kaput so that it reads "8888" all time time. I tried unplugging and resetting it. Still no good. It is a little disappointing because it was purchased in April 2008, installed last June and failed in July this year and of course the warranty is for one year! Has anyone had a similar failure with the Xantrex XBM battery monitor? On an electric boat it is like traveling without a fuel gage and is very helpful when testing and motoring as I was. Other than the Xantrex battery
monitor issue the electric propulsion preformed very well during the trip.

Mike
http://biankablog.blogspot.com

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Get it all here

Breaking news to

entertainment news

Biz Resources

Y! Small Business

Articles, tools,

forms, and more.

Get in Shape

on Yahoo! Groups

Find a buddy

and lose weight.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment