Wednesday, August 26, 2009

[Electric Boats] Re: Problems with Electric Marine Propulsion Inc.

 

I recently spoke to one of Tether's suppliers who had nothing good to say about him. In fact it was the only part of the conversation where we agreed. Thats my two cents worth.

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "qc_ca_666" <qc_ca_666@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I just found the following warning on the "ElectricBoating" Yahoo group. I thought the members of this group would be interested too.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Pierre
>
> ==============================================
>
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ElectricBoating/message/324
>
> From: whsouthworth <whs@>
> To: ElectricBoating@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 9:18:37 AM
> Subject: [ElectricBoating] Problems with Electric Marine Propulsion Inc.
>
> Just a "buyer beware" to be careful with Electric Marine Propulsion of Fort Myers Beach FL. This company was started by David E. Tether, founder and former CEO of Solomon. He is also part of the HYMAR electric propulsion consortium in Europe. I ordered a propulsion system from EMP last September. In spite of many, many requests I have not received any system nor have I been able to get my $24K payment refunded.
>
> I also recently learned that Tether was charged with securities fraud by the Securities Exchange Commission
> (http://www.sec.gov/litigation/litreleases/2007/lr20226.htm)
> and a judgment was filed against him in Florida District Middle Court on January 27, 2009.
>
> I've found other solutions to complete my electric refit and I'm trying to determine the best legal strategy to get back my money.
>
> Unfortunately, the whole electric boat propulsion road seems very fraught with potholes.
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Get it all here

Breaking news to

entertainment news

Sitebuilder

Build a web site

quickly & easily

with Sitebuilder.

Yahoo! Groups

Small Business Group

A community for

small business owners

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment