Thursday, August 20, 2009

[Electric Boats] Built my 24v 40ah LIFEPO4 battery

 

HI all;

I finally received my LIFEPO4 cells form evcomponents last Friday. I got
busy this past weekend putting my pack together. Thi is to power a
Torqueedo.

If is eight 40ah cells in series, mounted in an Orange waterproof ammo style
box I bought from West Marine. I¹ll try and get some pics up soon. The only
glitch is that the power supply I got from ecitypower.com is getting really
hot, and the fan is not coming on. It is a 24v 15a power supply, so there is
some current flowing there! I have sent a note to them, and I await a reply.
Just how hot should these things get? It is in an aluminum enclosure, with
an internal fan that vents to the outside (but is not running). I unplugged
it when it started to smell of burn-in.

Chris

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment