Tuesday, August 4, 2009

[Electric Boats] Xantrex XBM Battery monitor failure

 

I did a quick 18 nm mini cruise last week. I got started later than I planned (as usual <g>)  and because lot the lack of wind I motored the first part of the trip. I was moving along at 5.5 knots SOG helped by a little current push. I could not tell how much because my knot meter had fouled. But, the real disappointment was that the Xantrex XBM battery monitor seems to have gone south so I could not tell how many amps I was drawing off the battery bank. It seems the display is kaput so that it reads "8888" all time time. I tried unplugging and resetting it. Still no good. It is a little disappointing because it was purchased in  April 2008, installed last June and failed in July this year and of course the warranty is for one year! Has anyone had a similar failure with the Xantrex XBM battery monitor? On an electric boat it is like traveling without a fuel gage and is very helpful when testing and motoring as I was. Other than the Xantrex battery
monitor issue the electric propulsion preformed very well during the trip.
 
Mike
http://biankablog.blogspot.com

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment