Thursday, August 20, 2009

[Electric Boats] Re: Built my 24v 40ah LIFEPO4 battery

 

I have a similar setup with my six cells TS 40ah packs (total being 24V 120Ah) powering my torqeedo cruise.
Are you referring to the charger as power supply here? What does evcomponents said?

I'm using the TS 24V 10amp charger and it's decent so far - just have to keep an eye (or more so an ear) on individual cells not being overcharging.

What are you powering?

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, cwitzgal <chris@...> wrote:
>
> HI all;
>
> I finally received my LIFEPO4 cells form evcomponents last Friday. I got
> busy this past weekend putting my pack together. Thi is to power a
> Torqueedo.
>
> If is eight 40ah cells in series, mounted in an Orange waterproof ammo style
> box I bought from West Marine. I¹ll try and get some pics up soon. The only
> glitch is that the power supply I got from ecitypower.com is getting really
> hot, and the fan is not coming on. It is a 24v 15a power supply, so there is
> some current flowing there! I have sent a note to them, and I await a reply.
> Just how hot should these things get? It is in an aluminum enclosure, with
> an internal fan that vents to the outside (but is not running). I unplugged
> it when it started to smell of burn-in.
>
>
> Chris
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment