Friday, August 28, 2009

[Electric Boats] Re: My intro.

 

-

Hello Alycia and Kevin, I have built a 9ft "Sherpa" and 15ft "Navigator" both John Welsford designs, also a 16ft "Scruffie" by Derek Ellard in Queensland. I built a 22ft River boat the design of which was a joint effort by Mike Roberts from Brisbane and myself. My latest build is an 11ft Piccup Pram by Jim Michalak in the US. There was also another little self designed dinghy in there somewhere. I am using a 40lb Rip Tide MinnKota at present on the "Navigator" with three 55ah 12v batteries these give me a maximum speed of 7kph at 34amps draw I am waiting to see what advantage I can get by hooking up a PWM controller to this motor as I am seeking maximum endurance from each charge. I like to use the electric propulsion for trips along the quiet stretches of the river and also to get on and off the pontoon when I am sailing. I will post some photos of these boats for you to see under Arthur's boats. Thanks for your interest, regards Arthur.

-- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Alycia & Kevin Miller-Lynch" <ak@...> wrote:
>
> Arthur
>
>
> I'm with you on trolling motors. I use one on my Compac 16 sailboat, but I
> would love to hear about your boats. Can you share some details?
>
>
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin
>
>
>
>
>
> From: electricboats@yahoogroups.com [mailto:electricboats@yahoogroups.com]
> On Behalf Of arthurwade1941
> Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2009 4:48 AM
> To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: My intro.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I hope people who build small boats and use trolling motors for power are
> welcome on this site, otherwise I must go. I have built six boats in recent
> years and find the pleasures of silent electric propulsion
> great. My boats only require a small trolling motor to get them to hull
> speed and my aim is to try and get the most mileage out of each battery
> charge. I visit this site to gain information from other electric boat users
> experience. Regards, Arthur.
>
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:electricboats%40yahoogroups.com> , "luckettg1" <luckettg@> wrote:
> >
> > >Do you currently own an electric boat?
> > No, not yet.
> >
> > >Did you convert a boat to electric drive?
> > Does an electric trolling motor count?
> >
> > >Are you interested in building or purchasing an e-boat?
> > I am curious.
> >
> > I build small boats and am considering electric drives.
> >
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment