Sunday, August 16, 2009

Re: [Electric Boats] Portable chargers?

 

Myles,

That's good news to me. My proposed chargers are (2) 48v - 15A units, 30A into 48v, the same 1440w total. I hope that the Dual Pro chargers are as efficient as your chargers are.

The second battery bank and charger will be added after the boat is converted and operating again, so I'll get a chance to check out how the charger performs ahead of time, while I still have only one bank.

Eric

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Myles Twete" <matwete@...> wrote:
>
> Eric-
>
> I have driven 2 chargers with my EU2000i Honda successfully all day long.
>
> It is critical to be able to adjust how much you draw from the Honda.as
> example, plugging in a 20a, 36v charger only partially loaded the genset.
>
> Adding a 28-amp 36v charger brought the genset to its knees and it quickly
> shut down with the overload light coming on.
>
> I removed one of my 4amp Vicor charger modules---same story.
>
> I removed another one.at that point the Honda was able to steadily deliver
> 40amps into my 36v bank---i.e. 1440w continuous (to the batteries) was about
> all the Honda EU2000i was able to deliver (probably 1.6kw to the chargers)
> and is about spec.
>
> SO no, you won't be able to plug 2- 48v, 20amp chargers in at one time
> unless you can throttle one back.
>
>
> -Myles Twete, Portland, Or.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment