Thursday, August 6, 2009

Re: [Electric Boats] Solid Nav question for new boat

 

Richard,

I installed a solidnav system in my boat and was amazed at how easily
installed it was -- it really was a drop in situation -- it took much
longer to get the diesel out than to get the new motor in. I also am
very impressed with the build quality of the unit -- everything is
compact and robust. If you get the system I would recommend some sort
of battery monitor as it doesnt include one -- I am ordering a
Paktrakr for my system as that looks to be the best bang for the buck
as far as monitors go. My system is set up using the least expensive
lead acid deep cells I could find and it works great in my columbia 36.

On Aug 6, 2009, at 1:19 PM, Richard W. Sanders II wrote:

> Hello,
> I apologize in advance because I have discussed this unit here
> before and I know there are old posts, but my on-line time is limited.
> My wife and I are working toward the purchase of a new Compac 27. We
> are definitely going electric. My prior research (which was about a
> year or two ago) indicated that the Solid Nav unit was the most
> reasonable in price and was the best fit for a "drop in" new
> installation.
> The folks at Compac were impressed when they talked to the
> representative (they had a bad experience with the re-e-power and
> were hesitant about the electric motor).
> Has there been any new products that are as good a match as the
> Solid Nav in terms of ease of installation, price, and you don't
> need to be an electronic engineer to run and maintain the system?
> Thanks,
> Richard
>
>
>

Lamar Felder
lamarfelder.com >> design + technology
713 517 0516

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment