Thursday, August 6, 2009

RE: [Electric Boats] Re: Anybody Out There?

 

> > Kevin Torpey wrote:

> >Ed,
>>I guess I get into a lot of trouble with my choice of words. Outrageously
expensive is a poor description.

>>

>>Who knows what I meant. If I wanted to save a bunch of money I would have
sold this old boat for a

>>couple thousand dollars and gone to the beach and watched boats go by! I
don't have lots of cash in

>>the bank with a new kid in the house this year and I just have to pull the
trigger on the right system.
>>

>>Denny's inboard system seems to be very quiet. I've read and seen the
videos of some of the outboard models

>>and a couple of them whine louder than me. Especially the Torqueedo. You
make an excellent argument

>>for the outboard as there is no hit or miss involved-someone else did all
the work already.
>>
>>I wonder what the concensus is as far as the quietest and most thrust? I'm
going to have to do something soon because my lease on my little boatshop is
up in September.
>>
>>Thanks for responding!
>>
>>Kevin

I have seen Denny's boat in operation and it is not only one of the
prettiest boats around, the engine setup is top-notch. Copying his setup is
a great way to go.

It really depends partly on your engineering skills and part on ascetics and
part on how you weigh all the rest of the compromises that make up your
boat.

One doesn't pursue boating and playing with electrics if saving money is the
main thing.

Torgeedo motors do cost a lot - but they are doing some pretty impressive
things. Take a look at their video showing the performance of the Cruise 4.0
r with their speed prop.
http://www.torqeedo.com/us/sn/image-library/videos/cruise-40-r.html

Ed B

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Get it all here

Breaking news to

entertainment news

Sell Online

Start selling with

our award-winning

e-commerce tools.

Y! Groups blog

the best source

for the latest

scoop on Groups.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment