Saturday, August 8, 2009

[Electric Boats] Re: Solid Nav question for new boat

 

Hi Richard,

I installed a SolidNav Explorer on an Ericson 27 in May of '08. It has been working great. It's a really robust unit. The Explorer uses your existing engine/transmission controls so all the electric stuff is down below. Probably not a big deal and I'm sure the motors with add-on controls work fine and are built to stand up to the elements but I like having the traditional "salty" controls.

You will be happy going electric.

Mark

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Richard W. Sanders II" <rwsandersii@...> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I apologize in advance because I have discussed this unit here before and I know there are old posts, but my on-line time is limited.
> My wife and I are working toward the purchase of a new Compac 27. We are definitely going electric. My prior research (which was about a year or two ago) indicated that the Solid Nav unit was the most reasonable in price and was the best fit for a "drop in" new installation.
> The folks at Compac were impressed when they talked to the representative (they had a bad experience with the re-e-power and were hesitant about the electric motor).
> Has there been any new products that are as good a match as the Solid Nav in terms of ease of installation, price, and you don't need to be an electronic engineer to run and maintain the system?
> Thanks,
> Richard
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Odd News

You won't believe

it, but it's true

Group Charity

Be the Change

A citizen movement

to change the world

Share Photos

Put your favorite

photos and

more online.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment