Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Electric power for over 30' [Question for Dave K]



Paul, I have a small hand held tach that I purchased from a discount house for about $30/40 dollars.   I use it to check ratios and get some idea of shaft RPM's..    Dave K

--- On Tue, 6/2/09, Paul C. Smith <paul136mc@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Paul C. Smith <paul136mc@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Electric power for over 30' [Question for Dave K]
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, June 2, 2009, 12:49 PM

Thanks Denny,   I'm in the process of setting up the monitoring  - amps and voltage.  This motor is direct drive coupled to the shaft.   The 2 blade I have on is best for sailing, but I have a couple nice 3 blades that I may try at some point. As this motor is a prototype, not sure of the expected draw  - 3 KW?  Also curious as to shaft RPMS.  Anybody know a way to figure that out?

Best Regards,

Paul     <paul136mc@yahoo.com>

Paul C. Smith  707 874 2112
PO Box 120
Camp meeker, CA 95419

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Get it all here

Breaking news to

entertainment news

Share Photos

Put your favorite

photos and

more online.

Yahoo! Groups

Join people over 40

who are finding ways

to stay in shape.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment