Saturday, June 20, 2009

[Electric Boats] Electric with hydraulics



I have been working on a project that is a little different then the rest of you.
It is an electric powered dinghy but using hydraulics. I'm using a Wesmar thruster installed in a tunnel facing forward. This way I get the advantage of a forward facing prop which adds about 15% more power and a tunnel which provides protection and about 10% more forward thrust. I want to use hydraulics to protect my prop from getting sheared off if I hit something. But I'm having trouble finding a small enough motor. I believe a 1.5 kW would work. I also find I can't find a dc or ac motor that has low rpm I would like something about 600 rpm. Everything I have tried so far is just to fast for the hydraulic pump. Any Ideas?
larry@countrylore.net

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment