Monday, June 22, 2009

RE: [Electric Boats] Re: Parts List for Electric Conversion



Keith, Thanks for your response and the useful great reference link. I
wouldn't undersize the power, maybe the speed and capacity. But I have a
lot of things to consider and I'm sure I'll have a bunch of questions.
Another advantage is that I have an upwind slip so worst case, I can sail
in.

Thanks again,

-Roy

From: electricboats@yahoogroups.com [mailto:electricboats@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of aweekdaysailor
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 7:46 AM
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Parts List for Electric Conversion

Roy, your boat is an excellent candidate, and you should be able to hold
enough battery for at least 2 hours runtime.

A rough beginners guide, including sample parts-lists and the like can be
found here:

http://sites.google.com/site/electricboating/Home

I would caution you not to under-size the system. You are in normally benign
waters, but you're also sailing a lee shore with a sometimes tricky harbor
entrance.

Cheers,

-Keith

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:electricboats%40yahoogroups.com> , "Roy Obrecht" <herrobrecht@...>
wrote:
>
> Hi Dave,
>
> I'm considering this option as well. I have an '84 Catalina 30 with seized
universal 25 diesel. Sometime soon I'm going to pull the engine. While I'm
at it, I want to replace the shaft with the leak proof type (hate water in
the bilge).
>
> My goals are a little different. I would consider a cheaper option of
30-60 minutes run time, maybe even 15 minutes. I just need to get in an out
of the harbor. I don't need four knots of speed although it's good to have
the power option in case there are breakers at the harbor entrance to over
come.
>
> Have you made any progress in your research?
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Roy
>
> Santa Cruz, California
>
>
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:electricboats%40yahoogroups.com> , "dtetta" <dtetta@> wrote:
> >
> > Hello-
> > I have decided to try and convert my catalina 30 from diesel to
electric, and am thrilled to have found this group. I have been searching
the postings for any sample parts lists and prices. Any recommendations on
previous posts that have covered this topic?
> >
> > Dave Tetta
> >
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment