Thursday, June 18, 2009

[Electric Boats] Re: motor overheating



I don't think the controller can detect the motor temp - so it is the controller overheating (maybe it doesn't feel hot but still is).

I have mine on 1/2" alum plate with thermal grease, a heatsink, and a fan and I can still overheat it running >80amps continuous.

-Keith

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "rbrt.beebe" <rbrt.beebe@...> wrote:
>
> I installed the Thunderstruck sailboat kit in my Hunter 27.
> I'm having problems with the motor overheating.
> I've adjusted the packing gland so as to have the proper drip for cooling and the prop shaft is turning freely.
> I would appreciate any other considerations/advice to resolve this condition.
> Thanks,Bob
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment